Saturday, November 1, 2008

Reminders about scheduling.

Email is a great way to start the process of setting up a spa session at the Little Red Day Spa. However, unless you have become a regular at the spa, I will still need to talk with you on the phone to put your session on the schedule. Including your phone number in your email will make the process go faster. I really enjoy using email, but there are often too many things that I need answers to for it to be efficient, especially for first time guests.

Please don't let me put you off from contacting me via email. It's a great way to touch base with someone when I am really busy. if it's a quick question, I can read and type out an email faster than I can check voicemail and call you back.

And since I am on the subject of contacting me, when you call the Day Spa, make sure to leave me a message. When I am in session, I don't answer the phone. so leaving me a message is the best way to get in touch with someone. I keep a little list of calls to be returned by my desk and fit them in all day long until I get back to everyone.

And if you don't like leaving messages, just on principle, do not say to me "Finally! A real person!" when I do have a chance to answer the phone. That is one of my pet peeves. One day, we'll be a big enough business so that I can have someone answer the phones 10am -6pm, every day. Soon, I promise. It's on my list.

While I may have spa sessions that end later in the evening, I do not answer the phone after 7pm. I will also not call you after 7pm unless you specifically say I can in your phone message, or you are calling about a time sensitive issue. And even then, all my customer service training won't permit me to make a business call after 8pm. I grew up working in my family's bookstore so these habits were ingrained at a young age.

Thanks for reading my little house-keeping messages. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments: