Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hmmmmm... Soap

I travel up to Bellingham a few times a month, and I have been buying soap from a woman named Suzanne, who has a booth in the Saturday market, for well over a year now. They are delicious smelling and the texture is amazing. The first time I purchased soap, Suzanne made to to tell me to let it cure for another day or two by leaving it on a shelf. She said the longer I left it out in the air, the longer the bar would last once I began using it. I took her advice and was pleased that as I made my way through the small stack of bars, doing foot baths and foot massages, the longer each one lasted.

I finally took the plunge and ordered a whole log of soap, which amounts to 26 inches in length! I picked the Good Karma Soap and the Sparklin' Spearmint Soap. I also got a sample of the Put Me In The Zoo Soap. How could I resist this:
Everything's in this bar but the kitchen sink! Big chunks of all our soaps are put through a meat grinder and come out as soap noodles. These noodles are put in a huge bowl and fresh soap scented with Orange, Mandarin, Litsea, Tangerine and Peppermint botanical oils and a generous amount of Clay Beads is poured over it. We thoroughly mix the soap, slam it in molds and cure it for 4 loooong weeks. The resulting soap smells great and it feels crazy good on the skin.


If you would rather have a bar of Spearmint soap instead of the liquid body wash in the shower, just let me know! It's a real treat!

No comments: