Friday, May 8, 2009

Fun with words and scheduling for Saturday.

I love words. I get daily emails from Dictionary.com and Urban Dictionary. I have to admit, the Urban Dictionary is more for it's entertainment value that any scholarly merit. That is proved by today's "word":
wwjkd

What Would James Kirk Do? When stuck in a life-threatening, impossible situation with no realistic plausible means of escape, only a plan thought up by James "Jim" Kirk would work.
Person 1: OK, were stuck in an underground cavern on a distant planet with no access to the surface.

Person 2: We need a plan. WWJKD?


I am a big Star Trek fan, having grown up with parents who were sci-fi lovers. When William Shatner came out with a music album a few years ago with Ben Folds, it justified years of my adoration of him. The man was an actor in a futuristic soap opera who rolled with it and held his head high. I always wanted to be Captain Kirk when I was a kid, so I'll probably let wwjkd enter my personal lexicon.

On a scheduling note, this Saturday, the 9th, the Spa is closing down for a Little red Speakeasy. Appointments must end at 4pm so that set-up can begin. I actually have one appointment left, at 1:30pm. If you are interested, please give me a call at (206) 963-0772. The Speakeasy events happen once a quarter and turn into a spa night after the performances are done. If you miss Couple's Spa Night, sign up for the LRS Newsletter so you can know when the next Speakeasy is scheduled.

No comments: