Saturday, November 22, 2008

Victorian Carollers!

One of Little Red Studio's prominent musicians, Heather Ward, is part of The Dickens Carollers, a professional, victorian-costumed Christmas caroling organization, performing in Seattle, Bellevue, Everett, Tacoma and throughout the Puget Sound since 1978. Tomorrow starts off their season.

I have to admit, that no matter how many times I hear christmas carols sung in person, it doesn't lessen the joy that wells up inside. (Mind you, I'm not talking about that awful canned stuff that the mall plays during December. Ugggh!) My memory conjures visions and feelings of being crowded around the piano, singing carols at my grandmother's house. No one caring that the piano is a little out of tune or that half the words are garbled because not everyone can see the sheet music. Music has always been a huge part of my personal landscape and family history.

Here is the note that Heather sent out:
It's time for The Dickens Carollers season kick-off concert, which happens next Sunday, the 23rd in Bellevue at 7pm. Yes, it may seem early for Xmas music, but remember we've already been rehearsing since September! For those of us singing full-time, it may be your last chance to chat with us before New Year's Eve, too! And who can resist the appeal of fifty fine singers in Victorian costume coming together to sing the Hallelujah Chorus? I'd love to see you and sing for you, so I hope you get a chance to come out and join us. Beyond that, look for me in my green velvet, bonnet and muff at the mall, Market, or (my favorite) the Sorrento in the coming weeks.

Joyeaux Noel!

Heather Ward


Please go to their website for contact information.

No comments: