Sunday, February 17, 2008

What smells good?

Aromatherapy takes over Ladies' Night on 2/18!

Along with the standard fare of hot tubbing, clay and salt scrubs, I will be available to custom blend aromatherapy massage oils. Whether you want something that will smell decadent or have a specific need, such as back pain or the winter blues, I can custom blend a scent that is perfect for you. I have an extensive collection of essential oils that are all natural and medicinal grade and use your nose to fine tune the blend.

One of my favorite things to do is what I call backwards blending. I set you loose to sniff through all my oils and cull the ones that appeal to you most. Taking that list of oils, I usually ask a few health related questions, look through a reference book and then put together a blend that addresses your health, both emotional and physical. The body often intuitively communicates what it needs via your likes and dislikes, so this is a great option if you can't decide what kind of blend you want.

Each custom blend will be $5 if you bring your own oil or lotion, or $10 if you choose to have your blend added to a 4 ounce glass bottle of the spa's base massage oil of choice, sunflower oil. Really, I can scent any product you would like, or just bring in an empty glass vial or jar for a pure essential oil blend to be used as perfume.

As always, Ladies' Night is every Monday at 1506 Franklin Ave. E. in Seattle. Drop in anytime from 6pm to 10pm and the cost is $10 per woman. Please call 206-963-0772 for more information or directions.

No comments: