Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Years ago, I realized I was a grown up when I had to work on my birthday. That is the one day of the year you should be able to do whatever you want. I used to resent it when I didn't have the day off, but I realize now I just needed a different job. One I really liked going to any day of the year.

I love autumn, and not just because my birthday is in October. I took a walk yesterday along the east side of Lake Union, just wandered really. Picked up leaves and marveled at all the colours. Reveled in the gentle breeze and the rosemary scent that seems to hang in that neighbourhood.

Today, after I have finished with my chores, I think I will treat myself to another rambling walk. I have been so busy lately that is was so nice just to saunter. Here's hoping you take time to soak in the sights, smells and textures of autumn, too.

Psst! Go look at the Spa's web site. Phase 1 of the web redesign is complete.

No comments: