Sunday, October 12, 2008

I changed my mind.

The Pear and Lemon salt scrub I made a few weeks ago no longer holds the same charm. It seems that the pear was too delicate a flavor compared to the lemon, as the scrub has very little pear smell to it now. That's very disappointing.

Another aspect of this recipe that I have noticed is that the citric acid is a bit irritating to the skin if one rubs the salt scrub a bit too vigorously. Or at least irritating to my skin. No one else has said anything to back up my experience. I for one adore the scratchiness of a salt scrub and the idea of being overly gentle is not appealing. The whole point is to recreate that intense back-scratch-over-the-whole-body feeling.

So, I have moved ahead a season and made the Pomegranate Tangerine Salt Scrub recipe again. In the mean time, I will experiment and see if I can bring the pear back in some way.

No comments: