Sunday, July 12, 2009

Catching up.

I didn't realize it had been so long since I had written a blog post. Last week was completely out of sorts for me. My grandfather passed away and while it was expected, it was very difficult emotionally and logistically, as I had to arrange last minute travel to California. I am really glad that I went, though, Attending the funeral with 60 members of my immediate family was very healing. (We were only missing a few people.) It was wonderful to look around at all my aunts and uncles and cousins and all the new babies and know that there was a little bit of my grandfather in each of us.

Luckily for me, I have a wonderful staff and the spa ran fluidly while I was gone for three days. A special thank you to Cheri for doing such a good job of answering the Spa's phone.

Tomorrow is Ladies' Spa Night and I am looking forward to getting back into the rhythm of the Spa as a way to becomes more grounded.

Ladies' Spa Night - 2nd and 4th Monday of the Month
Drop In: 6-9pm
Cost: $15
Little Red Day Spa
1506 Franklin Ave. E. Seattle (Please park on the street, leaving the spaces in the lot for those with mobility issues.)

These nights are designed to be a casual and social evening. There will be a practitioner present to make you feel welcome and facilitate use of the spa's equipment. There will be areas set up for clay, salt scrubs and massage for you and your friends to pamper each other. For an extra fee, one can get a short massage during the evening from our massage therapist on staff.

No comments: