Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Seattle 100 Ride for the Cure

A good friend of mine, a motorcycle enthusiast and artist, is participating in a fund raiser for research to find a cure for Nephrotic Syndrome. Kidney dysfunction and disease runs in my family so I am happy to support her fund raising efforts. She has a modest goal of $500. If you can afford even $5, please click on the link below and lend your money to the cause.

Here is the email she sent out.

As most of you know I love riding my motorcycle on the track. The Seattle 100 is an opportunity to put my passion to good use by raising funds to find a cure for Nephrotic Syndrome. This condition occurs when kidney filters malfunction and protein needed by the body is instead lost though urine. Swelling occurs throughout the body, especially around the eyes and limbs, cholesterol soars, and hospitalization is generally required. Long-term effects of Nephrotic Syndrome can cause Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS), kidney scarring that can require daily dialysis, or a kidney transplant.

On Saturday, July 25th, I will be in a group of one hundred motorcycle enthusiasts who will attempt to circle Pacific Raceway’s road course as many times as we can with the sole purpose of raising money towards kidney disease research. Each and every rider in the Seattle 100 is raising money through friends and family, with proceeds of the event going directly to The NephCure Foundation - the only organization in the world dedicated specifically to the cure of glomerular kidney disease. Riders raise funds through per lap pledges or fixed contributions, and contributions are tax-deductible.

Prior year’s events have raised over $125,000. This year, one hundred riders are expected to participate, and the fundraising goal for this year’s 2009 Seattle 100 is to exceed $150,000.

Donations:

To donate, please go to www.active.com/donate/seattle1002009/kerig and follow the instructions there.

Please feel free to forward to friends, family, and colleagues.

Thank you so much for your help!

Keri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good one and i am hearing for the first time!! By the way, have you heard of MiNeeds.com? It really simplifies finding affordable massage professionals. I used it to find them for my body relaxation. Essentially, after I described what I needed on this site, I received several competitive bids from local massage professionals. I liked the fact that I didn’t have to call around and negotiate with each, and that they actually came to me.

Seattle Massage Therapists | Massagers - Get Bids & Save | MiNeeds