Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Stitches update.

My hand is doing great. I already have full use of my thumb and the only movement that hurts is the one where I smack the back of my hand on something hard. I have declared myself back in action. Officially, I still have to keep my hand out of the tub so if I am wearing glove when you come in for a session, that's why. A nitrile examination glove with athletic tape around the wrist is water tight for 15-20 minutes.

I have scheduled my fist massage since my little accident for tomorrow. Even though it is less than a week, I am confident that I will be able to work. I have been healing so fast, at the very least I will be able to use my forearm on the left side, even if I can't use the hand. I actually did one handed massage for 8 months after a severe car accident in 1999 left me with sprained sternoclavicular and acromioclavicular ligaments. Luckily, skin takes much less time than ligament to heal due to the increased blood supply.

No comments: