Friday, October 26, 2007

Time for a new scent?

At the last Little Red Studio performance I renewed the practice of mixing essential oils into the body paints. The Studio uses tempera paint for the body painting because it's non-toxic. That's all good and well, but it smells a little industrial to me, and not at all charming like oil paints. When I joined the troupe, that was one of the first things I did with my Box o' Smells.

I got a nice email from one of the troupe members who was a "canvas" during the body painting segment, complimenting me on the blend I used. The scent was a combination of Vetiver, Spikenard and Dalmatian Sage. I put one of the three scents in all the paint bowls so it would be blended once someone was painted. It was a heady and intense combination, but earthy and grounding.

Since a few other people have commented on it since then, I think I am going to play with it and see if I can make it subtle enough to be the scented oil blend at the Spa. I have used the Rosemary, Basil and Lavender blend all summer long. Changing the blend with the change of the seasons seems like a good idea.

No comments: