Monday, June 9, 2008



Ta da! The new salt scrub is fresh Pineapple with essential oils of Eucalyptus and Myrrh. It smells quite summery. I am hoping that by surrounding myself with all these summer smells will hold me over until the weather notices what month it is.

This was much trickier than I thought, coming up with a blend with pineapple as the base. I had a few ideas and it turned out that none of them smelled even remotely pleasant. Having invited a few extra noses over while I was making the scrub turned out to be an even better idea than I had thought. Not only was I able to enjoy some grand company, one of my guests really made the contribution to the blend that made it sing. Ben, the current host of Little Red Studio's Sunday Poetry Open Mic, almost badgered me to try combining the Eucalyptus with the pineapple. The combination didn't sound appealing, but I have learned from experience that might not matter.

Up to the time that I encouraged Ben to sniff his way through my collection of essential oils, I had settled on using Myrrh. It was nice paired with the pineapple, but not spectacular. Adding the Eucalyptus into the mix catapulted the aroma into the realm of the spectacular.

The new scrub was very well received at yesterday's Couple's Night. Ladies, you get your chance to indulge tonight! Remember, Ladies' Spa Night begins at it's new time of 7pm. Hopefully, you will have some sunshine to enjoy before coming to visit. Remember, cost is $10, with short massages available for an extra fee. Clay, Salt scrub and hot tub will be ready and waiting for you to drop in between 7 and 10pm.

Call (206)9630772, check the website or email Sophia at HengstStudio.com for more information.

No comments: